Introduction to Serenade
Love music, web3 and the creator economy? Well then, you’ve come to the right place.
At Serenade, we empower artists to generate new revenue streams by delivering wonderful experiences to fans. We’ve simplified NFTs by developing an accessible, affordable, and environmentally friendly NFT marketplace that allows artists to produce digital collectibles for display by their super fans. Our international network of music industry professionals has placed us well to nurture trusting relationships with artists, and it’s our responsibility to steer these incredible creators towards strong brand and revenue opportunities.
Serenade is a business built on passion, trust and intellectual curiosity. If you’re aligned with these values, we’re going to get on well.
We’ve built our platform from the ground up, implementing a Universal Typescript codebase that includes:
- NestJS server with GraphQL and Postgres database.
- Next.js responsive website with SSR capabilities.
- React Design System.
We’ve also created a cutting edge smart contract ecosystem developed in Solidity.
We are looking for a Senior Full-stack Engineer to join our ranks and help develop the product suite. Successful candidates will have a minimum of ten years’ commercial experience with all of the skills listed below.
This role will report into the Chief Technology Officer and play a key function in designing and executing technical initiatives, supporting implementation into production. The role will require collaboration with the Engineering Manager and Technical Product Manager.
- Development of new front-end and back-end features, including unit tests.
- Integrating back-end features with the front-end.
- Integrating with third-party services such as payment gateways or CRMs.
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface.
- Performing tech spikes on new or emerging technologies, including documentation of results.
- Managing a “pod” of engineers to work on various projects or initiatives.
- Awareness of the full system architecture with a view on security and performance enhancements; scalability and maintenance.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior developers.
Key skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with React (>16.8) and Functional Components.
- Proficient knowledge of Typescript.
- Integration of user authentication and authorisation techniques.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries e.g., Sass/Less and webpack.
- Thorough understanding of user experience and product strategy.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Databases and database tools such as ORMs.
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code.
- Knowledge of Devops tools and processes.
- Experience working on cloud based platforms e.g. AWS, Heroku, Azure, GCP
- Strong written and verbal communication with an ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers and other project team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong experience in Agile development projects.
- Experience leading a team of engineers and running technical initiatives.
Bonus Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of Next.js and NestJS.
- Experience of GraphQL.
- State management tools such as Redux or Akita.
- An interest and knowledge of web3 technologies and smart contracts.
The Tech Team
We are a team of software enthusiasts remotely distributed across Australia and Europe, who operate within geographical pods. We collaborate with the business teams to achieve great things for the music industry; artists and fans alike. We have a passion for technology and implementing clean, stable and scalable software that is readable and maintainable. We enjoy working on cutting edge technologies and all contribute to the improvement and success of the company, both technically and culturally.