Love music, web3 and the creator economy? Well then, you’ve come to the right place.
At Serenade, we empower artists to generate new revenue streams by delivering wonderful experiences to fans. We’ve simplified NFTs by developing an accessible, affordable, and environmentally friendly NFT marketplace that allows artists to produce digital collectibles for display by their super fans. Our international network of music industry professionals has placed us well to nurture trusting relationships with artists, and it’s our responsibility to steer these incredible creators towards strong brand and revenue opportunities.
Engineering at Serenade
We are passionate technologists with an appreciation for clean code and fault tolerant systems. Our team is distributed across Australia and Europe, with engineers operating in pods within each region. We believe in leveraging different perspectives and backgrounds because that makes our team and product stronger.
We look for teammates who are:
- Curious and aim to understand things deeply.
- Advocates for best practice.
- Respectful and inclusive.
- Comfortable sharing the grunt work.
What you will do
As a Lead Quality Engineer you will:
- Define and lead the execution of the quality strategy for the Serenade Platform.
- Design, build and own automated test suites from scratch.
- Write clean code, perform code reviews, and write documentation for the test suites.
- Use a data driven approach to:
- Decide what needs to be manual vs automated.
- Improve our QA process and practices.
- Ensure modern DevOps QA practices are adopted to enable continuous delivery.
- Use performance testing and chaos engineering to improve resilience and scalability.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in best practice.
- Help grow the engineering team through interviews and code reviews.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to identify test scenarios and acceptance criteria.
What you will bring
- A healthy curiosity, autonomy and a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer.
- 6+ years of experience of testing complex applications or distributed systems (frontend and backend)
- Fluency in Typescript and related frameworks - we use Node.js and React.
- Strong experience in test automation of UI and APIs using tools like Cypress or Jest.
- High attention to detail to help keep your team honest about quality.
- Experience with modern CI/CD processes and related tools like GitHub Actions or Jenkins.
- Experience with load or performance testing tools like J-Meter, Gatling or Vegeta.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP and Heroku.
- Experience working with containerisation tools such as Docker.
Nice to have
- Experience with testing GraphQL APIs.
- An interest and knowledge of web3 technologies and smart contracts.
If you think you have what it takes but don't meet every point described above, please still apply! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.