Introduction to Serenade
Driven by passion and a love of all things music? Well then, you’ve come to the right place.
At Serenade, we’re on a mission to empower artists to generate new revenue streams by delivering wonderful experiences to fans. We do this through our web3 marketplace and community watering hole known by collectors and mosh-dwellers alike as Serenade.
We’ve simplified NFTs by developing an accessible, affordable, and environmentally friendly NFT marketplace that allows artists to produce digital collectibles for collection and display by their fans.
Through Serenade, artists are able to fill their creative and revenue gap and fans are able to connect with their favourite artists in a culturally relevant, tapped in space. Sitting at the intersection of culture and technology, Serenade is paving the way for an intimate, authentic future of musical fandom.
Sounds like your kind of mission? Then please, do us both a favour and keep reading.
To date, product at Serenade has been led by the CEO and refined through collaboration with the strategy, design and engineering leads of the business. Having successfully released our MVP, we are now in a position to appoint a Technical Product Manager to lead technical delivery of our roadmap.
The Technical Product Manager will work closely with the CEO to outline our product roadmap, delineate between core and secondary priorities, and build the offering to serve three stakeholders; fans, artists, and the music industry. This role will be supported by Serenade’s Chief Technology Officer and UI/UX Lead.
What you’ll do
- You’ll become deeply acquainted with the ‘fan’. Fans are at the heart of everything we do. You will develop a deep understanding of our market, customer personas, how they work, their pain points, macro trends, etc. The team will look to you to be the voice of the customer in every discussion.
- Own the roadmap. You will work closely with our CEO to define our vision and strategy. You won't just build what customers ask for - you're able to think strategically through customer needs, business opportunities and technical challenges when creating your roadmap. You are constantly striving to strike the right balance of innovation, product performance and core product improvements.
- Partner with design and engineering. You will need to be highly collaborative in your approach, working closely with design and engineering team members. You will make sure everyone is brought along the journey of product discovery and exploration, and support the daily decisions required to build great products efficiently at scale. You are constantly building customer empathy with the team.
- Be the bridge between partnerships and engineering. You understand that the demands of sales and the current state of technology are not always aligned, so you will set expectations and provide timelines to the partnerships team to help them set customer expectations.
- Be able to think big, but start small. At Serenade we set lofty goals and have a bold, exciting vision for our product. You are able to build your own vision for your product area, and get your teammates and customers excited about it. This is balanced by your ability to sweat the details and push the product forward one day at a time.
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. A great product person is pragmatic. You'll need to make the right tradeoffs to keep moving forward by balancing a variety of inputs and customer demands.
- Be accountable for product quality. You're accountable for ensuring we always deliver a world-class product experience. We expect you to raise the bar and coach your team on why a great product experience is important, and what sort of things we need to do to build and maintain a world-class product.
- You’ll build our product team. You will be responsible for hiring wonderful people to support in materialising your product vision over time. This will see you work alongside recruiters, be involved throughout the recruiting process, and make budgetary decisions.
- Strong product management experience. You have several years experience owning a product roadmap and executing against it. You've experienced the ups and downs of shipping brand new product features, learning from customer feedback and iterating on your strategy.
- Experience working closely with design and engineering teams. We expect you to jump right in and collaborate with our designers and engineers. You've had experience working in the weeds with product teams in making tough priority tradeoffs and helping them set product strategy.
- Clear communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distil them down into concise, exciting talking points. You have experience bringing the voice of the customer to an entire team and get buy-in on your ideas and strategies.
- Pragmatism. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the entire lifecycle of product exploration, launch and adoption. You have a proven track record of making tough tradeoffs and rallying a team through difficult challenges.
- Strong domain expertise is a plus. Ideally, you have hands-on experience working in small startups that are growing. Domain expertise in the music industry would be helpful, but not required.
Compensation: $110-130,000 + Equity
Location: Sydney, Australia