Love music, web3 and the creator economy? Well then, you’ve come to the right place.
At Serenade, we empower artists to generate new revenue streams by delivering wonderful experiences to fans. We’ve simplified NFTs by developing an accessible, affordable, and environmentally friendly NFT marketplace that allows artists to produce digital collectibles for display by their super fans. Our international network of music industry professionals has placed us well to nurture trusting relationships with artists, and it’s our responsibility to steer these incredible creators towards strong brand and revenue opportunities.
Engineering at Serenade
We are passionate technologists with an appreciation for clean code and fault tolerant systems. Our team is distributed across Australia and Europe, with engineers operating in pods within each region. We believe in leveraging different perspectives and backgrounds because that makes our team and product stronger.
We look for teammates who are:
- Curious and aim to understand things deeply.
- Advocates for best practice.
- Respectful and inclusive.
- Comfortable sharing the grunt work.
What you will do
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Build and own APIs to be used as building blocks for the platform.
- Build and own a “pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface.
- Write clean code and unit tests, perform code reviews, produce documentation and contribute to solving complex technical challenges.
- Contribute to automated regression, performance and resiliency test suites.
What you will bring
- A healthy curiosity, autonomy and a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer.
- 4+ years of experience designing, building, deploying and scaling API driven systems.
- Fluency in Typescript and related frameworks - we use Node.js and React with Next.js and NestJS.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries e.g. Sass/Less and Webpack.
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP and Heroku.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and microservices patterns.
- Knowledge of Next.js and NestJS.
- Experience of GraphQL.
- Experience working with containerisation tools such as Docker.
- Experience working with observability tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- State management tools such as Redux or Akita.
- An interest and knowledge of web3 technologies and smart contracts.
If you think you have what it takes but don't meet every point described above, please still apply! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.